Friday, May 11, 2012

You've got questions, we've got answers

Since announcing our big news, we've been asked a lot of questions. I love being able to share & talk about what's going on with us right now, it's pretty exciting. But I find that a lot of inquiring minds want to know the answers to the same questions. So what better way to address a few of them then on this here blog? I'll be stopping by every now & again with a pregnancy update, even though City Dwellin' still revolves around good 'ol house stuff. Since this whole thing is new to us, you might just hear me talk about it a bit more over the course of the next 5 months!

Will you find out what you're having?

Yep! The planner in me just has to know. I don't think I could go a full 9 months knowing that the ultrasound tech & our doctor were privy to this information, and not us. That sounds like a complete form of torture to me! We find out if baby K is a boy or a girl in a few short weeks. So start placing your bets! We are 150% convinced it's a boy. If they tell us it's a girl, I'll be completely shocked. And excited of course....especially after seeing 3 little ballerinas going into their dance class on my way home from work yesterday. Yep, I can totally see us with a little girl too!



How are you feeling?

Now that I'm in the second trimester, I'm feeling great! I had a lot of food aversions the first trimester, but nothing that left me feeling too sick. Just a nagging, nauseus feeling all day long that I thankfully ditched a few weeks ago (switching out the time of day I took my vitamins--now with dinner--totally helped matters too). The word seafood (let alone the thought!) totally put me over the edge. But I was successfully able to walk through the seafood section of Wegman's a week ago and not hurl...so I'm convinced I'm past that now. And fried foods...ooooh yeah, that thought didn't sit well with me either. In short, I was (and still am) craving anything fresh--mostly fruit, berries, fresh salsa, etc. I can not wait for weekly trips to the farmer's market this summer! I keep a regular stash of granola bars & packets of Justin's almond butter in my purse at all times (for when the need to eat strikes). Oh, and I'm completely addicted to Wegman's cinnamon swirl loaf. Seriously folks, I can barely talk about it, it's soooo good. I don't even think you need to be pregnant to be addicted to this stuff...



Are you still exercising?

Absolutely! Exercise is a part of my daily routine, so pregnancy was no excuse to give it up (in fact, it was a good reason to continue it!). I'll admit that my workouts in the first trimester were few & far between. I'm an evening worker-outer & some days I had all I could do to drag myself home from work, let alone to the gym. The only workout that was consistent during this time was my weekly yoga class. Something kept me going each week regardless of how crappy I felt. But now that I'm in the second trimester I've picked up the pace a bit. I was given the go-ahead to continue with my regular pre-pregnancy workouts. Even running. But I'll be the first to tell you I haven't run once since finding out I was pregnant. Mostly because I just haven't felt like it. So needless to say there will be no half marathon, turkey trot or 5k's for me this year. I'm just not up to it. Most days you can find me on the elliptical or walking at least 2-3 miles. I take an intense body sculpt class once a week, which is slowly starting to become a bit too much for me. So for now I'm modifying what I do (lighter weights, no ab work, taking a break when I really need it, etc.). My days are slowly getting numbered in that class, so for now I'm continuing with it as long as I feel comfortable.





What books are you reading?

I'm using What to Expect When Your Expecting for reference, but that's about it. Too much info will only make me a nervous wreck! So basically, I'm educating myself (through the book & doctor's advice) enough to get by. I don't want to hear anyone's horrible birth or pregnancy stories, I don't have a birth plan (other than to just get the baby out!), and I don't want to know more than what I'm referencing already. So far we have been blessed with a healthy pregnancy, so that's all we can ask for at this point. Obviously, this is totally a personal decision, but I know (for me) that too much info will only make me nuts. Aside from What to Expect, I thought a little humor was in order for both the husband and myself...



Dude, You're Gonna Be a Dad!: How to Get (Both of You) Through the Next 9 Months


Oh my gosh, Jenny's book is as real as it's gonna get (she had the worst of the worst)! I totally enjoyed reading this book. It made me feel better about myself....and laugh in the process. And the husband is totally loving his book. He's already through the second trimester & taking a break until we hit the third. I don't think I could have gotten him to read anything else, but humor he can do.

So I think that about sums up what's going on with us right now! If you see me out and about and feel the need to ask me something, by all means. I don't bite! Unless we're in the final few weeks...that could be another story...

TGIF!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished